Veggie Saver Produce Bag
Previously known as Swag Produce Bags. This is the new and improved version of the classic fave Swag Bags.
Say hello to your new favorite kitchen accessory. Veggie Saver Bags are uniquely designed to keep your produce fresh, longer. Like, 2-3 weeks longer. The 100% cotton bags keep your produce hydrated while encouraging airflow and slowing ripening.
Veggie Saver Bags...
- Keep produce fresh longer
- Save you money on your grocery bill by eliminating food waste
- Save you time by cutting the number of grocery trips
- Cut your trash by eliminating the need for plastic produce bags
- Are machine washable and last for years
- Work with all produce - from berries to carrots to kale
- Are vegan and plastic-free
We're a bit obsessed with Veggie Saver Bags over here, and know you will be too.
How To Use
- Wash your Veggie Saver. Use a cold setting and a natural laundry detergent. Washing your Veggie Saver before use fluffs up the inner fibers, making it even more effective. Hang dry.
- Wash your produce.
- Dampen the outer layer of your Veggie Saver. Put it under the faucet just enough to get the outer layer moist, then wring out as much excess water as you can. The inner layer should still be mostly dry. If you are not seeing the results you're expecting from your Swag, it is likely that the bag is too wet.
- Add your produce to your Veggie Saver, and store it in the crisper drawer of your fridge. You can either keep leafy greens separate from fruits and vegetables, or put them all together in one bag. You make the rules for your Veggie Saver!
- Keep them working hard. If your Veggie Bag feels like it's drying out, add a bit more water to the outer surface. Wash your Veggie Bag inside out every two weeks, or as needed. We recommend keeping them like hand towels - one set in use while another is in the laundry.
Veggie Saver Bags work well for root vegetables like potatoes and onions, too! Just don't wet your Veggie Saver and don't put it in the fridge. Instead, add your root veggies to a dry Veggie Saver Bag and store in your pantry. They'll last longer, too!
100% unbleached and unseeded cotton
15.5" W x 11" H
Each Veggie Saver Bag is packaged in a cardboard box. There is a cardboard info sheet inside each Bag.
End of Life
Care for your Veggie Saver Bag and it will last you for many years to come. Veggie Savers are made of 100% cotton, so at the end of their life they can be cut up and composted in your backyard or municipal compost.
The cardboard box and cardboard info sheet can be recycled or composted.
Works great at keeping my lettuce fresh & crisp. Will definitely buy another one for cilantro etc.
If you eat a lot of veggies, but this ASAP! One of the best kitchen investments ever!!!! Keeps our produce fresh for way longer! They make great gifts too, anyone who comes over and sees them are very intrigued and love the idea of them! You will not regret this purchase.
I love it ! I bought the smaller one to try and I loved it so I bought the bigger one.
The swag bag really works! It even keeps cilantro nice and fresh, so I don’t end up wasting what I don’t need right away. It makes it easy to keep fresh veggies handy. I love it!
These extend the life and quality of produce while keeping your refrigerator shelves cleaner and more organized. No more slimy surprises in plastic bags. You can adjust the moister of the bags to suit the food inside. Adding a bit of vinegar to the rinse cycle when you wash ensures the soap is out and seems to boost the performance. Even foods near the bags seem to benefit. Highly recommended.