A reusable, sustainable alternative to plastic wrap, beeswax food wraps are the zero waste kitchen accessory you've been missing. Using the warmth of your hands, the wrap shapes to the dish or food you're covering, or can even be folded into a pouch to replace those pesky plastic baggies. The beeswax acts as a natural adhesive to itself or the dish to create a lasting seal of freshness, over and over again.
Not recommended to use for covering raw meat or hot foods and beverages.
Reusable Beeswax Food Wraps Quick Details:
- Reusable for 150+ washes or 1-2 years
- Made with all-natural materials
- Locally-sourced beeswax creates an airtight seal to keep food fresh, longer
- Completely plastic-free
- Naturally antibacterial
Each set contains (1) 7"x7" wrap, (1) 10"x10" wrap, and (1) 10"x16" wrap.
Hawaiian Beeswax, Organic Cotton, Tree Resin, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil
Use the warmth of your hands to shape the wrap into an envelope or around your dish or food, similar to how you would use plastic wrap.
Clean the wraps with a mild dish soap, a non-abrasive cloth, and cool water (we recommend our solid dish soap bar and a Swedish dishcloth). Allow to air dry.
Do not use warm or hot water to clean, as the heat can melt the wax.
Do not place in microwave or use to cover hot foods.
Packaging + End of Life
Each set of 3 wraps comes in a cardboard sleeve, which can be recycled or composted.
The wraps themselves can be reused, washed, and re-shaped for about a year or longer. Once they've reached the end of their usable life, they can be cut up and home composted.
Handmade in Hawai'i. Get to know the face behind our reusable beeswax wraps: Meli Wraps.
Made in the USA
Palm Oil Free
🌎 You care about the planet. So do we.
Look. I get it. It’s HARD to be an EcoWarrior. Someone who cares about the planet and wants the most sustainable products available - from the ingredients to the packaging to the way that product gets to your hands.
It seems like everywhere we turn, someone, somewhere, is greenwashing us.
But our superpower at A Drop in the Ocean is sorting through the BS, calling it out, and making sure our products are the absolute most sustainable and truly zero waste products we can find.
So on top of all the things we mentioned above about what makes our reusable beeswax food wraps so sustainable, here’s a few other things you should know:
- We’re actually practicing what we preach behind the scenes. In 2022, we saved all of our trash for four months, and wrote a whole blog post on it. The tl;dr version is this: in four months, we only produced two pounds of trash. Everything from the packaging our products come in down to the Sharpie we use to write “Fragile” on your box is zero waste to its core.
- We’re an online-only zero waste store - which is highly intentional. It may seem counter-intuitive, but online shopping is actually more sustainable than in-person. I’m a data nerd at heart and I love diving into the research, and there are countless studies that have shown that online shopping is the most sustainable way to get your everyday essentials. Don’t believe me? Check out our whole blog post on the sustainability of online shopping.
- We ship ugly boxes. Your order from A Drop in the Ocean is not going to arrive in a pretty, branded box. It’s gonna show up in a reused tea box, or a donated Amazon box, or maybe even an inside-out Girl Scout Cookies box. All of our shipping materials are always 100% plastic-free and reused as much as possible, with curbside-recyclable paper tape and a post-consumer recycled paper shipping label. It won’t be pretty, but it will be zero waste.
Got more questions about our zero waste products or our practices behind the scenes? Just send us an email! I’m always happy to chat all things eco.
We ship ugly boxes
Our commitment to sustainability doesn't end when you press that checkout button.
We pack all of our orders in reused boxes and envelopes, with reused paper packaging, post-consumer recycled paper labels, and even paper tape.
You may not get an IG-worthy unboxing, but you will get the most sustainable packaging we can possibly find.
Oh and did we mention our shipping is always carbon negative?
Let's go to the real winner in my eyes. Honestly, I could have purchased this exact product many other places, but the packaging A Drop in the Ocean uses to ship will have me coming back time and time gain.
My first purchase from them was some floss a while ago and it arrived in a reused tea box with a hand written note that was written on scrap paper. I was blown away.
I had never seen a company who claimed to be sustainable ACTUALLY prove to be sustainable through and through. The fact that every piece of the packaging was reused and minimal will have me come back over and over again. If I can purchase it here, I will purchase it here.
I’ve seen beeswax covers for a few years now and thought that was something I really didn’t need. But I liked the shark pattern on these so much that I gave in and bought them. They are very practical and easy to use. Typically I store leftovers in glass storage containers, but that means washing and more room in the frig. These beeswax covers work great, come in 3 sizes in the pack, and are quick to wash off. I’m converted.
BeesWax Wraps: YES!
I have been wanting to try this kind of wrap for a while … finally saw them here. I absolutely LOVE these wraps. I had cut down to maybe one roll of plastic wrap a year and I think I can finally say That’s It! Don’t need the plastic wrap anymore! This solves the problems of trying to wrap those weird sized dishes! I’ve just started using them so not sure how long they will last but … I’m sold! Love this product!
Bees wax wraps
It’s awesome, other wrap brands I have tried fall apart so quickly or way to stiff, or weird sizes that are too large. . This brand has smaller and more convenient sizes.
Bold colorful graphics
Easily moldable to different sized container, easy to clean. Great alternative to plastic wrap and plastic lids that break and have to be thrown away. Love the graphics!