✨ Help us un-deck the halls! Use code NEWYEAR2024 to save 30% on everything in our 2023 Holiday Collection! ✨
Our newest limited edition refillable hand soap is like tossing a cinnamon pine cone on a crackling fire while cuddled up with a warm blanket - without the painful chapped hands of wintertime! If you're tired of constantly dry skin after washing your hands, but can't wait for the coziness of a winter night, this is the hand soap for you.
Cedar + Cinnamon Refillable Hand Soap Quick Details:
- Truly zero waste with closed-loop refills
- All-natural and biodegradable ingredients
- Safe for kids, sensitive skin, and septic systems
- Concentrated formula means a little goes a long way
- Vegan and cruelty-free
🌲 Don't forget to grab a bottle of our limited release cedar + cinnamon refillable body lotion, too!
Distilled Water, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Potassium Oleate, Laurl Betain, Organic Glycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Palm Kernal Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Potassium Citrate, Pure Essential Oils
Packaging + End of Life
This refillable hand soap ships in a glass bottle with a plastic pump.
When you’re running low, order a new bottle here, but select “Refill.” We’ll ship your new bottle without a pump, and include a return label for your old bottle so you can send it back at no cost. (If you're local, just leave your empty bottle on your porch on delivery day.) Transfer your pump to the new bottle, pack the empty bottle in the box, and send it back to us. We’ll sanitize and reuse the bottle.
Please note that the 32oz bottle is a refill only. There is no pump available for this size, and instead comes with a black plastic cap only.
Don't want the pump? Just choose the "Refill" option instead!
Check out all the details of our online refill service here.
Handmade in La Conner, Washington.
Made in the USA
Sustainably-Sourced Palm Oil
🌎 You care about the planet. So do we.
Look. I get it. It’s HARD to be an EcoWarrior. Someone who cares about the planet and wants the most sustainable products available - from the ingredients to the packaging to the way that product gets to your hands.
It seems like everywhere we turn, someone, somewhere, is greenwashing us.
But our superpower at A Drop in the Ocean is sorting through the BS, calling it out, and making sure our products are the absolute most sustainable and truly zero waste products we can find.
So on top of all the things we mentioned above about what makes our refillable hand soap so sustainable, here’s a few other things you should know:
- We’re actually practicing what we preach behind the scenes. In 2022, we saved all of our trash for four months, and wrote a whole blog post on it. The tl;dr version is this: in four months, we only produced two pounds of trash. Everything from the packaging our products come in down to the Sharpie we use to write “Fragile” on your box is zero waste to its core.
- We’re an online-only zero waste store - which is highly intentional. It may seem counter-intuitive, but online shopping is actually more sustainable than in-person. I’m a data nerd at heart and I love diving into the research, and there are countless studies that have shown that online shopping is the most sustainable way to get your everyday essentials. Don’t believe me? Check out our whole blog post on the sustainability of online shopping.
- We ship ugly boxes. Your order from A Drop in the Ocean is not going to arrive in a pretty, branded box. It’s gonna show up in a reused tea box, or a donated Amazon box, or maybe even an inside-out Girl Scout Cookies box. All of our shipping materials are always 100% plastic-free and reused as much as possible, with curbside-recyclable paper tape and a post-consumer recycled paper shipping label. It won’t be pretty, but it will be zero waste.
Got more questions about our zero waste products or our practices behind the scenes? Just send us an email! I’m always happy to chat all things eco.
On your first order, choose the "New Jar" or "New Bottle" option.
Your order will be shipped or delivered to you with minimal, reused, packaging. Always plastic-free and carbon neutral.
When you're running low, place another order using the "Refill Jar" or "Refill Bottle" option. Or choose the Subscribe + Save option to have refills automatically delivered on your schedule.
On delivery day, leave your empties on your porch. We'll grab them when we drop off your new order.
We'll ship or deliver your refill to you without any pumps or sprays - just a cap. Transfer any pumps or sprays from your old bottle to the new one, and transfer the refill lid to the old bottle.
Pack your empty bottle or jar into the box your refill arrived in. Place the included return label on the box, fully covering the existing label, and hand it off to USPS to come back to us - at no charge to you
I stumbled across A Drop in the Ocean on my quest to reduce our family's plastic use. I have a small family and live in a rural area with only a few big box stores and zero plastic recycling options. Finding plastic free items locally can be a challenge. I was thrilled to find a shop in my home state that would reuse returned glass and aluminum bottles. I'm a repeat customer as the products are excellent and the shop owner makes it super simple to return our used bottles by mail.
Luxurious feel, great smell without being overpowering!
This is the most incredible soap. I plan on stocking up before the season is over!
I don't often buy scents without smelling them, but i couldn't resist the call of Christmas! And it PAID OFF. this soap smells amazing and as a bonus it doesn't dry out my hands. I love it and honestly might buy several more to carry me thru the year!