Lock in moisture and revitalize dull tresses with our all-natural, refillable liquid conditioner. A little goes a long way, and the plant-derived, chemical-free formula means this conditioner won’t irritate your skin while it prevents breakage, improves your hair’s strength and volume, and nourishes your scalp to not just smooth the surface of your hair, but penetrate deep to actually make it stronger without weighing it down. And when you’re running low and ready for more, we’ll take back your empty aluminum bottle to wash and refill, all at no extra cost to you. Just transfer your pump to the new bottle so nothing goes to waste.
Refillable Liquid Conditioner Quick Details:
- Truly zero waste with closed-loop refills and no single-use plastics
- Natural and biodegradable ingredients
- No sulfates, parabens, phthalates, or synthetic fragrances
- Color safe
- Kid safe
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Great for all hair types
- Sustainable palm oil
- Vegan and cruelty-free
🚿 Round out your eco-hair care routine with our refillable liquid shampoo!
Available in a 2.5oz trial/travel size aluminum bottle or a full-size 8oz or 16oz aluminum bottle.
Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Provitamin B5, Pure Essential Oils
After shampooing, apply a small amount of conditioner into your hands, and apply the conditioner evenly to your hair, focusing on the ends. Run your fingers through your ends to detangle and work in the conditioner. For a little deeper conditioning, let sit on your hair for a few minutes. Rinse clean.
Packaging + End of Life
Our all-natural refillable liquid conditioner is packaged in an aluminum bottle with a white plastic pump. (Travel size bottles are packaged with an aluminum cap and no pump.)
When you’re running low, order another bottle here, but select “Refill.” We’ll ship your new bottle without a pump - just with an aluminum cap - and we’ll include a return label for your empty one so you can send it back at no cost. Simply transfer your pump to the new bottle, pack the empty bottle in the box, and send it back to us. We’ll sanitize and reuse the bottle.
(If you're within our local delivery radius, just leave your empty bottle on your porch on delivery day!)
Upgrading from an 8oz to a 16oz bottle? Select the “New Bottle” option so we include a new pump as well!
Don’t want the pump? Just choose the “Refill” option instead!
Handmade locally in La Conner, Washington.
Made in the USA
Palm Oil Free
🌎 You care about the planet. So do we.
Look. I get it. It’s HARD to be an EcoWarrior. Someone who cares about the planet and wants the most sustainable products available - from the ingredients to the packaging to the way that product gets to your hands.
It seems like everywhere we turn, someone, somewhere, is greenwashing us.
But our superpower at A Drop in the Ocean is sorting through the BS, calling it out, and making sure our products are the absolute most sustainable and truly zero waste products we can find.
So on top of all the things we mentioned above about what makes our all-natural refillable liquid conditioner so sustainable, here’s a few other things you should know:
- We’re actually practicing what we preach behind the scenes. In 2022, we saved all of our trash for four months, and wrote a whole blog post on it. The tl;dr version is this: in four months, we only produced two pounds of trash. Everything from the packaging our products come in down to the Sharpie we use to write “Fragile” on your box is zero waste to its core.
- We’re an online-only zero waste store - which is highly intentional. It may seem counter-intuitive, but online shopping is actually more sustainable than in-person. I’m a data nerd at heart and I love diving into the research, and there are countless studies that have shown that online shopping is the most sustainable way to get your everyday essentials. Don’t believe me? Check out our whole blog post on the sustainability of online shopping.
- We ship ugly boxes. Your order from A Drop in the Ocean is not going to arrive in a pretty, branded box. It’s gonna show up in a reused tea box, or a donated Amazon box, or maybe even an inside-out Girl Scout Cookies box. All of our shipping materials are always 100% plastic-free and reused as much as possible, with curbside-recyclable paper tape and a post-consumer recycled paper shipping label. It won’t be pretty, but it will be zero waste.
Got more questions about our zero waste products or our practices behind the scenes? Just send us an email! I’m always happy to chat all things eco.
On your first order, choose the "New Jar" or "New Bottle" option.
Your order will be shipped or delivered to you with minimal, reused, packaging. Always plastic-free and carbon neutral.
When you're running low, place another order using the "Refill Jar" or "Refill Bottle" option. Or choose the Subscribe + Save option to have refills automatically delivered on your schedule.
On delivery day, leave your empties on your porch. We'll grab them when we drop off your new order.
We'll ship or deliver your refill to you without any pumps or sprays - just a cap. Transfer any pumps or sprays from your old bottle to the new one, and transfer the refill lid to the old bottle.
Pack your empty bottle or jar into the box your refill arrived in. Place the included return label on the box, fully covering the existing label, and hand it off to USPS to come back to us - at no charge to you
I stumbled across A Drop in the Ocean on my quest to reduce our family's plastic use. I have a small family and live in a rural area with only a few big box stores and zero plastic recycling options. Finding plastic free items locally can be a challenge. I was thrilled to find a shop in my home state that would reuse returned glass and aluminum bottles. I'm a repeat customer as the products are excellent and the shop owner makes it super simple to return our used bottles by mail.