Previously known as Swag Produce Bags. This is the new and improved version of the classic fave Swag Bags.
Say hello to your new favorite kitchen accessory. Veggie Saver Bags are uniquely designed to keep your produce fresh, longer. Like, 2-3 weeks longer. The 100% cotton bags keep your produce hydrated while encouraging airflow and slowing ripening.
Veggie Saver Bags...
- Keep produce fresh longer
- Save you money on your grocery bill by eliminating food waste
- Save you time by cutting the number of grocery trips
- Cut your trash by eliminating the need for plastic produce bags
- Are machine washable and last for years
- Work with all produce - from berries to carrots to kale
- Are vegan and plastic-free
We're a bit obsessed with Veggie Saver Bags over here, and know you will be too.
Don't just take our word for it. A study conducted by Applied Horticulture Research in 2021 has proven that Veggie Savers keep produce fresh for 2-4 weeks longer than without. #science!
15.5" W x 11" H
100% unbleached and unseeded cotton
- Wash your Veggie Saver. Use a cold setting and a natural laundry detergent. Washing your Veggie Saver before use fluffs up the inner fibers, making it even more effective. Hang dry.
- Wash your produce.
- Dampen the outer layer of your Veggie Saver. Put it under the faucet just enough to get the outer layer moist, then wring out as much excess water as you can. The inner layer should still be mostly dry. If you are not seeing the results you're expecting from your Swag, it is likely that the bag is too wet.
- Add your produce to your Veggie Saver, and store it in the crisper drawer of your fridge. You can either keep leafy greens separate from fruits and vegetables, or put them all together in one bag. You make the rules for your Veggie Saver!
- Keep them working hard. If your Veggie Bag feels like it's drying out, add a bit more water to the outer surface. Wash your Veggie Bag inside out every two weeks, or as needed. We recommend keeping them like hand towels - one set in use while another is in the laundry.
Veggie Saver Bags work well for root vegetables like potatoes and onions, too! Just don't wet your Veggie Saver and don't put it in the fridge. Instead, add your root veggies to a dry Veggie Saver Bag and store in your pantry. They'll last longer, too!
Packaging + End of Life
Each Veggie Saver Bag is packaged in a cardboard box. There is a cardboard info sheet inside each Bag. Care for your Veggie Saver Bag and it will last you for many years to come. Veggie Savers are made of 100% cotton, so at the end of their life they can be cut up and composted in your backyard or municipal compost.
The cardboard box and cardboard info sheet can be recycled or composted.
Veggie Saver bags are made in India by a SEDEX-certified, female-led team. They are an Australian-owned business, but the bags are distributed to us through North Carolina.
Why didn't I buy it before.
Works great at keeping my lettuce fresh & crisp. Will definitely buy another one for cilantro etc.
YOU NEED THIS
If you eat a lot of veggies, but this ASAP! One of the best kitchen investments ever!!!! Keeps our produce fresh for way longer! They make great gifts too, anyone who comes over and sees them are very intrigued and love the idea of them! You will not regret this purchase.
I love it ! I bought the smaller one to try and I loved it so I bought the bigger one.
The swag bag really works! It even keeps cilantro nice and fresh, so I don’t end up wasting what I don’t need right away. It makes it easy to keep fresh veggies handy. I love it!
A fridge with swag
These extend the life and quality of produce while keeping your refrigerator shelves cleaner and more organized. No more slimy surprises in plastic bags. You can adjust the moister of the bags to suit the food inside. Adding a bit of vinegar to the rinse cycle when you wash ensures the soap is out and seems to boost the performance. Even foods near the bags seem to benefit. Highly recommended.
We ship ugly boxes
Our commitment to sustainability doesn't end when you press that checkout button.
We pack all of our orders in reused boxes and envelopes, with reused paper packaging, post-consumer recycled paper labels, and even paper tape.
You may not get an IG-worthy unboxing, but you will get the most sustainable packaging we can possibly find.
Oh and did we mention our shipping is always carbon negative?
Let's go to the real winner in my eyes. Honestly, I could have purchased this exact razor many other places, but the packaging A Drop in the Ocean uses to ship will have me coming back time and time gain.
My first purchase from them was some floss a while ago and it arrived in a reused tea box with a hand written note that was written on scrap paper. I was blown away.
I had never seen a company who claimed to be sustainable ACTUALLY prove to be sustainable through and through. The fact that every piece of the packaging was reused and minimal will have me come back over and over again. If I can purchase it here, I will purchase it here.
1% for the Ocean
We're on a mission to use business as a force for good. That's why we donate at least 1% of your purchase to our ocean conservation partner, Vermilion Sea Institute.
In 2021, we donated $1,304 to VSI.
We ship worldwide!
If you're in the Tacoma, Washington region, we probably deliver to your doorstep. Check out the Delivery FAQ below!
Shipping costs are determined by weight and travel distance, and automatically calculated at checkout.
If you're in the continental US, we offer free shipping for all orders over $50.
If you're in Alaska, Hawaii, or any of the US territories, we offer free shipping for all orders over $75.
A Drop in the Ocean is an online zero waste and sustainable living boutique based out of Tacoma, Washington. We do not have a brick-and-mortar shop, but we do offer local delivery around the South Sound region, including refills of your household essentials.
We do all of our deliveries on Tuesdays. Orders must be placed by 5pm on Monday for guaranteed Tuesday delivery. At checkout, select the "South Sound Local Delivery (Tuesdays)" shipping option, and we'll add you to our route.
Note that we do have a $20 order minimum for delivery, and a $5 delivery fee for orders under $50.
For full details on our delivery system, check out our Local Delivery page.