✨ Help us un-deck the halls! Use code NEWYEAR2024 to save 30% on everything in our 2023 Holiday Collection! ✨
You've made your list and checked it twice. You've gathered all of the most sustainable gifts around, and wrapped them up in zero waste Furoshiki wraps and reusable gift bags. Now don't forget to top it all off with the most sustainable cards around. (Seriously, we couldn't make them more eco-friendly if we tried...)
These plantable greeting cards are sustainably made right here in the PNW with 100% post-consumer recycled paper infused with wildflower seeds certified to be planted anywhere in the world. While the designs on the front of the card are oh-so-adorable, the inside is intentionally left blank so you can customize the message for any occasion, and the back features directions for how to properly plant the card to grow your own little bed of wildflowers. Plus, due to the handmade nature of these cards, the recycled paper, and the infused seeds, no two cards will ever be the same, adding a truly unique touch to any gift - even if the gift is just the card itself.
Plantable Seed Paper Greetings Cards Quick Details:
- Handmade in Vancouver, BC - just a few hours north of our home in Tacoma, WA
- Made with 100% post-consumer recycled paper
- Infused wildflower seeds are certified to be planted anywhere in the world
- Each card plants 3 trees (two by our vendor, one by us)
- Blank inside
- Each card includes a natural kraft paper envelope
- 100% plastic-free and vegan
Each card measures approximately 6"x4".
100% post-consumer recycled paper infused with a blend of Catchfly, Sweet Alyssum, Snapdragon, Bird's Eye, Black Eyed Susan, and Clarkia wildflower seeds. Each card comes with a kraft paper envelope.
Packaging + End of Life
These seed paper greeting cards will either be completely unpackaged or wrapped in reused kraft paper. The kraft paper can be reused or curbside recycled. At the end of their life, the cards can be planted so the wildflower seeds can sprout.
Handmade locally in Vancouver, British Columbia.
🌎 You care about the planet. So do we.
Look. I get it. It’s HARD to be an EcoWarrior. Someone who cares about the planet and wants the most sustainable products available - from the ingredients to the packaging to the way that product gets to your hands.
It seems like everywhere we turn, someone, somewhere, is greenwashing us.
But our superpower at A Drop in the Ocean is sorting through the BS, calling it out, and making sure our products are the absolute most sustainable and truly zero waste products we can find.
So on top of all the things we mentioned above about what makes our plantable seed paper greeting cards so sustainable, here’s a few other things you should know:
- We’re actually practicing what we preach behind the scenes. In 2022, we saved all of our trash for four months, and wrote a whole blog post on it. The tl;dr version is this: in four months, we only produced two pounds of trash. Everything from the packaging our products come in down to the Sharpie we use to write “Fragile” on your box is zero waste to its core.
- We’re an online-only zero waste store - which is highly intentional. It may seem counter-intuitive, but online shopping is actually more sustainable than in-person. I’m a data nerd at heart and I love diving into the research, and there are countless studies that have shown that online shopping is the most sustainable way to get your everyday essentials. Don’t believe me? Check out our whole blog post on the sustainability of online shopping.
- We ship ugly boxes. Your order from A Drop in the Ocean is not going to arrive in a pretty, branded box. It’s gonna show up in a reused tea box, or a donated Amazon box, or maybe even an inside-out Girl Scout Cookies box. All of our shipping materials are always 100% plastic-free and reused as much as possible, with curbside-recyclable paper tape and a post-consumer recycled paper shipping label. It won’t be pretty, but it will be zero waste.
Got more questions about our zero waste products or our practices behind the scenes? Just send us an email! I’m always happy to chat all things eco.
We ship ugly boxes
Our commitment to sustainability doesn't end when you press that checkout button.
We pack all of our orders in reused boxes and envelopes, with reused paper packaging, post-consumer recycled paper labels, and even paper tape.
You may not get an IG-worthy unboxing, but you will get the most sustainable packaging we can possibly find.
Oh and did we mention our shipping is always carbon negative?
Let's go to the real winner in my eyes. Honestly, I could have purchased this exact product many other places, but the packaging A Drop in the Ocean uses to ship will have me coming back time and time gain.
My first purchase from them was some floss a while ago and it arrived in a reused tea box with a hand written note that was written on scrap paper. I was blown away.
I had never seen a company who claimed to be sustainable ACTUALLY prove to be sustainable through and through. The fact that every piece of the packaging was reused and minimal will have me come back over and over again. If I can purchase it here, I will purchase it here.