Have you struggled with the endless search to find a plastic-free, aluminum-free, and baking soda-free deodorant that actually works? Yeah, we did too.
Then we discovered Bai-Li natural deodorant.
In her pre-zero waste days, A Drop in the Ocean's founder +CEO, Krystina, used exclusively clinical-strength deodorant, and refused to sell any deodorant in her shop that didn't meet her standards.
After three years of searching, Bai-Li finally did.
Natural Deodorant Quick Details:
- All-natural, organic, and biodegradable ingredients
- Hiking, gardening, working out, even Florida zookeeping approved 👍
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Aluminum and baking soda-free
- Compact size = perfect for traveling
- 100% plastic-free
- Vegan, cruelty-free, and palm oil free
Each cardboard tube of natural deodorant contains 2.5oz of deodorant. The tube itself measures about 3.75" tall by 1.5" wide.
Coconut Oil (organic), Shea Butter (organic), Arrowroot Starch (organic), Magnesium Hydroxide, Candelilla Wax (organic), Essential Oils (organic)*, Jojoba Oil (organic), Shelf-Stable Probiotics
*Unscented does not contain any essential oils
Remove the top and gently push the bottom of the tube up. Apply desired amount onto clean, dry underarms. Store in a cool location.
Note that if this is your first time using a natural deodorant, it may take some time for your underarm microbiome to balance. Give yourself 2-4 weeks.
One tube should last 1-3 months.
Packaging + End of Life
This deodorant is packaged in a cardboard tube with a sugarcane label. When you've run out of deodorant, the whole tube can be backyard composted.
This zero waste deodorant is handmade in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Get to know the face behind this product: Bai-li Essentials.
Made in the USA
Palm Oil Free
🌎 You care about the planet. So do we.
Look. I get it. It’s HARD to be an EcoWarrior. Someone who cares about the planet and wants the most sustainable products available - from the ingredients to the packaging to the way that product gets to your hands.
It seems like everywhere we turn, someone, somewhere, is greenwashing us.
But our superpower at A Drop in the Ocean is sorting through the BS, calling it out, and making sure our products are the absolute most sustainable and truly zero waste products we can find.
So on top of all the things we mentioned above about what makes our natural deodorant so sustainable, here’s a few other things you should know:
- We’re actually practicing what we preach behind the scenes. In 2022, we saved all of our trash for four months, and wrote a whole blog post on it. The tl;dr version is this: in four months, we only produced two pounds of trash. Everything from the packaging our products come in down to the Sharpie we use to write “Fragile” on your box is zero waste to its core.
- We’re an online-only zero waste store - which is highly intentional. It may seem counter-intuitive, but online shopping is actually more sustainable than in-person. I’m a data nerd at heart and I love diving into the research, and there are countless studies that have shown that online shopping is the most sustainable way to get your everyday essentials. Don’t believe me? Check out our whole blog post on the sustainability of online shopping.
- We ship ugly boxes. Your order from A Drop in the Ocean is not going to arrive in a pretty, branded box. It’s gonna show up in a reused tea box, or a donated Amazon box, or maybe even an inside-out Girl Scout Cookies box. All of our shipping materials are always 100% plastic-free and reused as much as possible, with curbside-recyclable paper tape and a post-consumer recycled paper shipping label. It won’t be pretty, but it will be zero waste.
Got more questions about our zero waste products or our practices behind the scenes? Just send us an email! I’m always happy to chat all things eco.
We ship ugly boxes
Our commitment to sustainability doesn't end when you press that checkout button.
We pack all of our orders in reused boxes and envelopes, with reused paper packaging, post-consumer recycled paper labels, and even paper tape.
You may not get an IG-worthy unboxing, but you will get the most sustainable packaging we can possibly find.
Oh and did we mention our shipping is always carbon negative?
Let's go to the real winner in my eyes. Honestly, I could have purchased this exact product many other places, but the packaging A Drop in the Ocean uses to ship will have me coming back time and time gain.
My first purchase from them was some floss a while ago and it arrived in a reused tea box with a hand written note that was written on scrap paper. I was blown away.
I had never seen a company who claimed to be sustainable ACTUALLY prove to be sustainable through and through. The fact that every piece of the packaging was reused and minimal will have me come back over and over again. If I can purchase it here, I will purchase it here.
This Natural Deodorant smells wonderful and works beautifully!
works in a heat wave
I ordered this because I have a hard time finding plastic-free deodorant at the store. It arrived at the same time as a heat dome in our area! 100 degrees plus every day. I was surprised at how well this product holds up to this heat, even when I work out, swim, garden outside.... Can't wait to see how it does once fall/winter arrive. ALSO! I travel a bit, and the compact size of this deodorant is very convenient - just tucks into any backpack or purse pocket.
Tough on sweat
This deodorant works great! I wore it for an overnight hiking/backpacking trip and it worked great - other brand name deodorants didn’t even come close to working as long and effectively as this one!
This applies very smoothly and the scented one reminds me of lemon pound cake :) So glad I don't have to be reliant on deodorant in plastic tubes that have to be thrown out each time! I have noticed some residue on the underarms of my clothing at times, but that could easily just be me applying a little too much...
Love this deoderant!
After using deodorant with all the chemicals, it great to know that I have found something safe for my body and actually works (and lets talk about the smell). And even comes in a paper container. Nothing to throw away! Krystina you have done it again!