Dry winter skin doesn't stand a chance with our NEW refillable body scrub. The sugar granules gently exfoliate away dead skin cells while the shea butter, coconut oil, and avocado oil deeply hydrate the new skin underneath and the vitamin E encourages healthy growth of new skin cells. Use in the shower all over your body or keep next to the sink for an impromptu hand spa any time. Your skin will thank you 🧖♀️
A note from Krystina: I'm seriously ~obsessed~ with this stuff. The scents are so bright and fresh and citrusy I just want to eat them (would not recommend tho...). They're my new favorite shower addition, and I look forward to using them every few days. I'm gonna be bummed when they're gone until next year!
Exfoliating Sugar Body Scrub Quick Details:
- Packaged in a returnable + refillable glass jar
- Natural and biodegradable ingredients
- Safe to use 1-2 times per week
- Handmade locally in small batches
- Vegan, cruelty-free, and palm oil free
Bow Hill Blueberry: Organic Turbinado Sugar, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Bow Hill Blueberry Powder, Vitamin E Oil, Pure Essential Oils, Natural Blueberry Fragrance Oil
Dragonfruit: Organic Turbinado Sugar, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Hawaiian Black Salt, Pink Clay, Kaolin Clay, Vitamin E, Pure Essential Oils, Natural Fragrance Oils, Mica
While in the shower or at the sink, scoop a small amount of body scrub into your hands and rub onto the area you'd like to exfoliate. Rub into wet skin thoroughly. The sugar will dissolve as you rub it into your skin in the water and you'll be left with silky smooth skin you can't help but show off 😉
Although the shea butter and oils in the scrub will moisturize, we recommend following up your shower with a natural lotion. May we suggest our lemon drop body lotion to keep the fruity fresh vibes going?
Packaging + End of Life
Our refillable sugar body scrub is packaged in a glass jar with a plastic lid.
Since this is such a limited release, we do not have a "Refill Jar" option for this particular item. But we still want your jars back when you run out! Next time you place an order with us, just leave us a note on your order that you need a return label for your empty body scrub jar and we'll send you a return label to ship it back to us at zero cost to you! We’ll sanitize and reuse the jar. (If you're in our local delivery radius, just leave your empty jar on your porch on delivery day!)
Handmade in La Conner, Washington.
Made in the USA
🌎 You care about the planet. So do we.
Look. I get it. It’s HARD to be an EcoWarrior. Someone who cares about the planet and wants the most sustainable products available - from the ingredients to the packaging to the way that product gets to your hands.
It seems like everywhere we turn, someone, somewhere, is greenwashing us.
But our superpower at A Drop in the Ocean is sorting through the BS, calling it out, and making sure our products are the absolute most sustainable and truly zero waste products we can find.
So on top of all the things we mentioned above about what makes our zero waste sugar body scrub so sustainable, here’s a few other things you should know:
- We’re actually practicing what we preach behind the scenes. In 2022, we saved all of our trash for four months, and wrote a whole blog post on it. The tl;dr version is this: in four months, we only produced two pounds of trash. Everything from the packaging our products come in down to the Sharpie we use to write “Fragile” on your box is zero waste to its core.
- We’re an online-only zero waste store - which is highly intentional. It may seem counter-intuitive, but online shopping is actually more sustainable than in-person. I’m a data nerd at heart and I love diving into the research, and there are countless studies that have shown that online shopping is the most sustainable way to get your everyday essentials. Don’t believe me? Check out our whole blog post on the sustainability of online shopping.
- We ship ugly boxes. Your order from A Drop in the Ocean is not going to arrive in a pretty, branded box. It’s gonna show up in a reused tea box, or a donated Amazon box, or maybe even an inside-out Girl Scout Cookies box. All of our shipping materials are always 100% plastic-free and reused as much as possible, with curbside-recyclable paper tape and a post-consumer recycled paper shipping label. It won’t be pretty, but it will be zero waste.
Got more questions about our zero waste products or our practices behind the scenes? Just send us an email! I’m always happy to chat all things eco.
On your first order, choose the "New Jar" or "New Bottle" option.
Your order will be shipped or delivered to you with minimal, reused, packaging. Always plastic-free and carbon neutral.
When you're running low, place another order using the "Refill Jar" or "Refill Bottle" option. Or choose the Subscribe + Save option to have refills automatically delivered on your schedule.
On delivery day, leave your empties on your porch. We'll grab them when we drop off your new order.
We'll ship or deliver your refill to you without any pumps or sprays - just a cap. Transfer any pumps or sprays from your old bottle to the new one, and transfer the refill lid to the old bottle.
Pack your empty bottle or jar into the box your refill arrived in. Place the included return label on the box, fully covering the existing label, and hand it off to USPS to come back to us - at no charge to you
I stumbled across A Drop in the Ocean on my quest to reduce our family's plastic use. I have a small family and live in a rural area with only a few big box stores and zero plastic recycling options. Finding plastic free items locally can be a challenge. I was thrilled to find a shop in my home state that would reuse returned glass and aluminum bottles. I'm a repeat customer as the products are excellent and the shop owner makes it super simple to return our used bottles by mail.