Say hello to clear, bright, and smooth skin. Gentle enough for twice-daily use, our zero waste activated charcoal face wash bar does the hard work for you to keep your skin fresh and clean - without ever clogging your pores or drying out your skin.
The subtle lavender and peppermint essential oils will calm your senses while the activated charcoal gently washes away impurities and soothes your skin. As the activated charcoal works its magic, the suds will turn from dark grey to white, and that's when you'll know it's done its job. You’ll feel like you just went to a spa, and with skin this soft and smooth you’ll never go back to bottled face wash again.
Great for all skin types, including sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, and dry skin.
Please note that all of our soaps are made by hand and therefore may differ slightly from those pictured.
Charcoal Face Wash Bar Quick Details:
- All-natural and biodegradable ingredients
- Won’t dry out your skin
- Works great for all skin types - including sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, and dry skin
- Can easily last 3-4 months with twice-daily use
- Package-free and plastic-free
- Vegan, cruelty-free, and palm oil free
Our charcoal face wash bar weighs approximately 3 ounces.
Saponified Oils of Coconut, Shea, Jojoba, and Argan; Activated Charcoal; Glycerin; Green Tea Extract; Lavender + Peppermint Essential Oils
Wet your hands in warm water and lather the bar between your hands. Set the bar down and massage the lather in small circles on your face. As the lather turns from a dark grey to a rich, white lather, that's when the soap has done its job. Rinse clean with warm water and immediately follow with a gentle facial toner, natural facial moisturizer and/or skin serum.
To help your face wash bar last as long as humanly possible, be sure to let it dry completely between uses. A well-draining soap dish works wonders for this!
Packaging + End of Life
Your charcoal face wash bar will either be completely unpackaged or wrapped in reused kraft paper with paper tape.
If there is soap residue left on the wrapping, the paper can be home composted, but if the wrapping is completely clean, it can be curbside recycled. The small tape pieces should be thrown away.
One 3oz bar can easily last 3-4 months with daily use.
Handmade right here in Tacoma, Washington. Get to know the face behind this product: Soap & Clay.
Made in the USA
Palm Oil Free
🌎 You care about the planet. So do we.
Look. I get it. It’s HARD to be an EcoWarrior. Someone who cares about the planet and wants the most sustainable products available - from the ingredients to the packaging to the way that product gets to your hands.
It seems like everywhere we turn, someone, somewhere, is greenwashing us.
But our superpower at A Drop in the Ocean is sorting through the BS, calling it out, and making sure our products are the absolute most sustainable and truly zero waste products we can find.
So on top of all the things we mentioned above about what makes our zero waste charcoal face wash bars so sustainable, here’s a few other things you should know:
- We’re actually practicing what we preach behind the scenes. In 2022, we saved all of our trash for four months, and wrote a whole blog post on it. The tl;dr version is this: in four months, we only produced two pounds of trash. Everything from the packaging our products come in down to the Sharpie we use to write “Fragile” on your box is zero waste to its core.
- We’re an online-only zero waste store - which is highly intentional. It may seem counter-intuitive, but online shopping is actually more sustainable than in-person. I’m a data nerd at heart and I love diving into the research, and there are countless studies that have shown that online shopping is the most sustainable way to get your everyday essentials. Don’t believe me? Check out our whole blog post on the sustainability of online shopping.
- We ship ugly boxes. Your order from A Drop in the Ocean is not going to arrive in a pretty, branded box. It’s gonna show up in a reused tea box, or a donated Amazon box, or maybe even an inside-out Girl Scout Cookies box. All of our shipping materials are always 100% plastic-free and reused as much as possible, with curbside-recyclable paper tape and a post-consumer recycled paper shipping label. It won’t be pretty, but it will be zero waste.
Got more questions about our zero waste products or our practices behind the scenes? Just send us an email! I’m always happy to chat all things eco.
We ship ugly boxes
Our commitment to sustainability doesn't end when you press that checkout button.
We pack all of our orders in reused boxes and envelopes, with reused paper packaging, post-consumer recycled paper labels, and even paper tape.
You may not get an IG-worthy unboxing, but you will get the most sustainable packaging we can possibly find.
Oh and did we mention our shipping is always carbon negative?
Let's go to the real winner in my eyes. Honestly, I could have purchased this exact product many other places, but the packaging A Drop in the Ocean uses to ship will have me coming back time and time gain.
My first purchase from them was some floss a while ago and it arrived in a reused tea box with a hand written note that was written on scrap paper. I was blown away.
I had never seen a company who claimed to be sustainable ACTUALLY prove to be sustainable through and through. The fact that every piece of the packaging was reused and minimal will have me come back over and over again. If I can purchase it here, I will purchase it here.
This charcoal face bar is the best thing compared to a facial! The feeling afterwards leaves my skin feeling refreshed.
Suds up easily. My face feels great after using and doesn’t get too dried out.
Fresh clean feeling without drying out my skin
After washing my face with this charcoal face bar I feel like I've been to a spa! This bar has been wonderful for my extra oily skin. No more breakouts for me!
CHARCOL FACIAL BAR
I have used the bar for a week and notice several red bumps breaking out on my face. The last time I used it I had a red rash all over my face. The product is to harsh for sensitive and aging skin.