Who doesn't love a good water balloon fight? A hot summer day, flinging refreshing water-filled balloons at friends, running and laughing until your sides hurt...
Brings back memories, right?
Planet-friendly and wallet-friendly, these reusable water "balloons" are the sustainable version of the plastic ones we know and once loved. Don't sacrifice childhood memories (or adulthood ones!); recreate them! You'll not only eliminate the waste from plastic water balloons littering your yard, you'll save time and money by not filling and tying off a bunch of balloons and carefully retrieving each broken piece from the grass. Your kiddos will stay entertained for hours without needing to stop, refill, and tie more balloons.
Simply drop the reusable water "balloons" in a bucket of water until they absorb the water, toss, and repeat.
Each set of eco-friendly water balloons will include a mix of pink, yellow, orange, blue, and purple hand-crocheted balloons.
Reusable Water Balloons Quick Details:
- Completely package-free and reusable for many years
- Safe for kids and dogs who like find all the things in the yard and chew on them
- Latex free
- No mess and easy cleanup
- Machine washable
These reusable water balloons are made with 100% polyester yarn.
Fill a bucket with water and add the "balloons." The first few times, they may need a little massaging to absorb the water and soften them. Then the fun begins - sling them at your friends and cool off in the summer sun!
Should your reusable water balloons need some cleaning, simply toss them in a mesh laundry bag and wash with the rest of your laundry. For best results, use a natural laundry detergent and wash on cold. Allow to dry completely before storing.
Packaging + End of Life
If your order is being shipped to you, these "balloons" will be completely unpackaged.
If your order is being delivered locally, they will be wrapped in reused kraft paper, which can be backyard composted or curbside recycled.
The fun shouldn't stop for many years with these reusable water balloons, but when it does, they can be reused around your home for cleaning until they are no longer usable, at which point they should be sent to landfill.
Handmade here in Lakewood, Washington.
Made in the USA
🌎 You care about the planet. So do we.
Look. I get it. It’s HARD to be an EcoWarrior. Someone who cares about the planet and wants the most sustainable products available - from the ingredients to the packaging to the way that product gets to your hands.
It seems like everywhere we turn, someone, somewhere, is greenwashing us.
But our superpower at A Drop in the Ocean is sorting through the BS, calling it out, and making sure our products are the absolute most sustainable and truly zero waste products we can find.
So on top of all the things we mentioned above about what makes our crocheted reusable water balloons so sustainable, here’s a few other things you should know:
- We’re actually practicing what we preach behind the scenes. In 2022, we saved all of our trash for four months, and wrote a whole blog post on it. The tl;dr version is this: in four months, we only produced two pounds of trash. Everything from the packaging our products come in down to the Sharpie we use to write “Fragile” on your box is zero waste to its core.
- We’re an online-only zero waste store - which is highly intentional. It may seem counter-intuitive, but online shopping is actually more sustainable than in-person. I’m a data nerd at heart and I love diving into the research, and there are countless studies that have shown that online shopping is the most sustainable way to get your everyday essentials. Don’t believe me? Check out our whole blog post on the sustainability of online shopping.
- We ship ugly boxes. Your order from A Drop in the Ocean is not going to arrive in a pretty, branded box. It’s gonna show up in a reused tea box, or a donated Amazon box, or maybe even an inside-out Girl Scout Cookies box. All of our shipping materials are always 100% plastic-free and reused as much as possible, with curbside-recyclable paper tape and a post-consumer recycled paper shipping label. It won’t be pretty, but it will be zero waste.
Got more questions about our zero waste products or our practices behind the scenes? Just send us an email! I’m always happy to chat all things eco.
We ship ugly boxes
Our commitment to sustainability doesn't end when you press that checkout button.
We pack all of our orders in reused boxes and envelopes, with reused paper packaging, post-consumer recycled paper labels, and even paper tape.
You may not get an IG-worthy unboxing, but you will get the most sustainable packaging we can possibly find.
Oh and did we mention our shipping is always carbon negative?
Let's go to the real winner in my eyes. Honestly, I could have purchased this exact product many other places, but the packaging A Drop in the Ocean uses to ship will have me coming back time and time gain.
My first purchase from them was some floss a while ago and it arrived in a reused tea box with a hand written note that was written on scrap paper. I was blown away.
I had never seen a company who claimed to be sustainable ACTUALLY prove to be sustainable through and through. The fact that every piece of the packaging was reused and minimal will have me come back over and over again. If I can purchase it here, I will purchase it here.