✨ Help us un-deck the halls! Use code NEWYEAR2024 to save 30% on everything in our 2023 Holiday Collection! ✨
Our limited release holiday powder-to-liquid hand soap refills are the ultimate expressions of the holiday season, with three seasonal favorite scents delighting your senses with every use.
Did you know that liquid soaps are typically at least 80% water? If you're a fan of liquid soap but want to slash your carbon shipping emissions, this plastic-free powder-to-liquid hand soap refill is for you. Each aluminum tube of powder makes a full bottle of creamy, hydrating, liquid hand soap, but weighs just one ounce on its own. Just mix with water!
For extra sustainability, we recommend reusing a bottle you've already got at home. But if you're looking for a new, reusable, glass pump bottle, we've got you covered.
NOTE that this is not foaming hand soap. This is a creamy hand soap that will not work with a foaming pump. Besides, did you know foaming soap is just watered-down soap with a specialty pump? This soap fights bacteria better and leaves your hands soft and moisturized.
Powder-to-Liquid Hand Soap Quick Details:
- All-natural, biodegradable ingredients
- Safe for sensitive skin and septic systems
- Ultra-concentrated powder and lightweight aluminum tube reduces shipping emissions
- Great for home or on the go
- 100% plastic-free
- Vegan, cruelty-free, and palm oil free
Be sure to grab one of our EcoWarrior favorite reusable unpaper towels to round out your sustainable kitchen sink this holiday season.
Festive Season: A baked apple pie, fresh out of the oven.
Champagne Sparkles: That first crisp, refreshing, effervescent sip of a glass of bubbly on New Year's Eve.
Frosted Pine: Hiking through a pine forest after a fresh coating of snow.
Each 1-ounce aluminum tube of powder makes 9 ounces of liquid hand soap.
Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Algin, Sodium Gluconate, Fragrance Oil, Kaolin Clay
✨ Check out our full guide to powder-to-liquid hand soap over on the blog!
At home: Pour 250mL (8.5oz) of hot water into a bottle. Add the powder to the bottle, place the pump on the bottle, and shake vigorously for 60 seconds. The longer and more vigorously you shake, and the warmer the water, the better the crystals will dissolve.
The optional bottle is a 16oz bottle for ample room to shake and blend. Because the bottle is larger than the recommended amount of water, we suggest measuring the water in a measuring cup and pouring both the powder and the water into the bottle.
On the go: Camping? Hiking? Going off the grid? You're gonna want to bring a tube of hand soap powder. Just pour a tiny bit of powder into your hands and wash your hands with water.
Packaging + End of Life
These soap powder refills are 100% plastic-free! The tubes are 100% aluminum, so they can be easily recycled in your curbside recycling.
Our powder-to-liquid hand soaps are handmade in Gainesville, Florida.
Made in the USA
Palm Oil Free
🌎 You care about the planet. So do we.
Look. I get it. It’s HARD to be an EcoWarrior. Someone who cares about the planet and wants the most sustainable products available - from the ingredients to the packaging to the way that product gets to your hands.
It seems like everywhere we turn, someone, somewhere, is greenwashing us.
But our superpower at A Drop in the Ocean is sorting through the BS, calling it out, and making sure our products are the absolute most sustainable and truly zero waste products we can find.
So on top of all the things we mentioned above about what makes our seasonal powder-to-liquid hand soaps so sustainable, here’s a few other things you should know:
- We’re actually practicing what we preach behind the scenes. In 2022, we saved all of our trash for four months, and wrote a whole blog post on it. The tl;dr version is this: in four months, we only produced two pounds of trash. Everything from the packaging our products come in down to the Sharpie we use to write “Fragile” on your box is zero waste to its core.
- We’re an online-only zero waste store - which is highly intentional. It may seem counter-intuitive, but online shopping is actually more sustainable than in-person. I’m a data nerd at heart and I love diving into the research, and there are countless studies that have shown that online shopping is the most sustainable way to get your everyday essentials. Don’t believe me? Check out our whole blog post on the sustainability of online shopping.
- We ship ugly boxes. Your order from A Drop in the Ocean is not going to arrive in a pretty, branded box. It’s gonna show up in a reused tea box, or a donated Amazon box, or maybe even an inside-out Girl Scout Cookies box. All of our shipping materials are always 100% plastic-free and reused as much as possible, with curbside-recyclable paper tape and a post-consumer recycled paper shipping label. It won’t be pretty, but it will be zero waste.
Got more questions about our zero waste products or our practices behind the scenes? Just send us an email! I’m always happy to chat all things eco.
We ship ugly boxes
Our commitment to sustainability doesn't end when you press that checkout button.
We pack all of our orders in reused boxes and envelopes, with reused paper packaging, post-consumer recycled paper labels, and even paper tape.
You may not get an IG-worthy unboxing, but you will get the most sustainable packaging we can possibly find.
Oh and did we mention our shipping is always carbon negative?
Let's go to the real winner in my eyes. Honestly, I could have purchased this exact product many other places, but the packaging A Drop in the Ocean uses to ship will have me coming back time and time gain.
My first purchase from them was some floss a while ago and it arrived in a reused tea box with a hand written note that was written on scrap paper. I was blown away.
I had never seen a company who claimed to be sustainable ACTUALLY prove to be sustainable through and through. The fact that every piece of the packaging was reused and minimal will have me come back over and over again. If I can purchase it here, I will purchase it here.